Spring Term Route R47 to Kings (Under18)
R47 to Peterborough (Spring Term) - 08 March 2021 to 26 March 2021
This service will be operating as closed door, student only bus service from the 1st September 2020. Only passengers with a Centrebus Spring ticket will be able to travel and we will be able to carry a total of 38 students on the service.
Product customizationDon't forget to save your customization to be able to add to cart
Travel to Schools and Colleges
This year due, to the Covid-19 pandemic, our student ticket offering on some services will be different to usual, with some limits imposed in terms of capacity and payment methods. Government guidance advises that we are only able to carry up to 50% of normal capacity on normal registered bus services, which are essentially services open to all members of the public.
Please note that by purchasing a ticket with us, you are agreeing to adhere to the measures and conditions we have outlined below and put in place due to Covid-19.
What does this mean for the school service that my child normally travels on?
On ‘closed door’ school services, we are able to operate near enough to normal seated capacity, with the 2 seats immediately behind the driver being cordoned off to protect our driving staff. Any rearward facing seats towards the rear of the vehicle will also be cordoned off, to minimise the spread of Covid-19. Standing capacity is not permitted at all.
In order to operate to maximum capacity, we will be operating many school services as ‘closed door’ contracts, which means that they will not be available for use by the general public and will only be used by school children.
We may also look at converting some school day only journeys to a ‘closed door’ contract, so again, they will not be open to members of the public.
What measures have you put in place to ensure your buses are Covid-19 secure?
We have implemented additional precautions since the outbreak, including:
- Issuing our drivers with hand sanitiser and updating them on the importance of keeping good hygiene.
- Perspex screens have been fitted to the cab area of every bus to provide a physical separation between the driver and passengers.
- Face visors and masks are also being issued to our staff to wear at their discretion whilst driving.
- Our buses are having extra cleaning which includes the disinfecting of all handrails, bus stop buttons and grab handles. The floor is cleaned with disinfectant on a daily basis and we use X-Mist sanitiser, which kills Coronavirus and stays active on surfaces for up to 28 days.
- The seats directly behind the driver have been cordoned off to protect our driving staff.
- Windows will be opened to increase air flow which helps to reduce the spread of Coronavirus.
- All drivers are temperature checked at the beginning of their shift to ensure they do not have a high temperature (which is a major symptom of Covid-19).
- Unless medically necessary food and drinks should not be consumed on the bus, to reduce the risk of transmission.
What extra measures are in place for School Transport?
- Where practicable, we will use the same bus every day to ensure vehicle capacity is adequate for numbers travelling.
- Wherever possible the same driver will operate the service every day to provide consistency and mitigate risk.
- Notices will be placed on buses advising students to sit together with the same year group from their school in order to support established social bubbles.
- On the return journey from schools, children will be encouraged to board in the order they are alighting, so those alighting first will be towards the front of the bus. We will be seeking help from schools in order to implement this.
Does my child need to wear a face covering?
It is a legal requirement for everyone travelling on public transport to wear a face covering whilst travelling on the bus. There are some exemptions to this, including children under the age of 11. A full list of exemptions can be found here.
Can I buy a ticket on bus on the day of travel?
On some ‘closed door’ school buses/journeys you may not be able to buy a ticket on the day of travel and will need to purchase an Autumn Term ticket directly from our online shop. There will be capacity limits in place and once we have sold up to capacity the ticket will be withdrawn from our site and you will need to arrange for alternative school travel for your child. Please check the individual route information under the Bus Services menu to check what arrangements are in place for buying tickets on the day.
On services/journeys that are open to the public, you will be able to purchase a ticket from the driver as normal. However, we are only able to carry up to 50% of normal capacity and places are allocated on a first come, first served basis. Please keep an eye on the smiley face board at the front of the bus; if there is space on the bus a smiley face will be shown, however if there is no space an unhappy face will be on the board and the driver will not stop for you (unless someone is alighting the bus).
What happens if my child has a scholar ticket issued by the local council?
We have asked the councils to let us know how many tickets they have issued for our services, and on closed door school contracts/journeys these will be accepted for travel. If for any reason, we do not have sufficient capacity to meet all the scholar tickets issued by the council on our service, we will let the council know and they will be in contact with you to organise an alternative means of travel.
What if my child has purchased a on bus season ticket (week/month) for travel on a normal registered public bus service, will they be guaranteed a seat on the bus?
Unfortunately, we are unable to guarantee any seats on our normal registered public bus services. Any tickets purchased in advance does not guarantee travel and you will not be eligible for a refund (unless you have a Centrebus Autumn Term ticket) if your child is unable to travel on a particular journey due to the bus reaching capacity.
Do you offer refunds for season tickets?
Refunds are issued in line with our Conditions of Carriage, section 17.4 and 17.5.
Please notice that these guidelines may be subject to change at short notice subject to government policy and advice.